This chicken pie is super easy to make and won’t disappoint on those cold wintry nights when you’re after delicious, warming comfort food.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of NoMU All for One Rub or a tablespoon of dried sage, chopped finely
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 250 g white button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 500 g free-range skinless chicken fillets, cubed
- 125 ml NoMU chicken Fonds (chicken stock)
- 250 ml single cream
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 60 ml white wine
- 1 packet of puff pastry
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
Fry the onion, garlic, carrots, and mushrooms and NoMU All For One Rub (or the dried sage) in a glug of olive oil until soft, then add the chicken and cook until the meat turns white (be careful not to over cook). Add the chicken stock, white wine, cream and corn flour and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until the mixture thickens (you may need to add a touch more corn flour), then pour into a pie dish. Cover with puff pastry and brush it with the beaten egg. Bake at 200°C until golden brown (about 40 minutes).
Serve with steaming mashed potatoes or gloriously-golden roast potatoes, and peas.